Read about Daniel’s story here…


I CAN Work is a unique scheme that combines health and employment support for people with mental health needs to help them find and remain in employment. The service operates across North Wales and is aimed at helping people into paid employment in order to improve wellbeing and support recovery.

I CAN Work has provided employment support for nearly 900 people since it was first set up in 2019, with nearly a third of these helped into paid work.

You can access I CAN Work through your GP, other healthcare professional or through a range of community access points. You can also access the service direct:

Call: 01745 336442
Email: icanwork@rcs-wales.co.uk
(Conwy, Denbighshire and Anglesey)
Complete an e-referral form here

Or visit: https://www.cais.co.uk/services/cais-employment-service
(Gwynedd, Flintshire and Wrexham)

It’s been extraordinary. The commitment, the insights, the ongoing encouragement. I can’t praise ‘I CAN’ enough.

The way I’m encouraged to see my potential and move forward. I’m dyslexic and had help with my CV.

We were able to highlight skills I didn’t even realise I had.

I can’t thank them enough. Thanks for sticking with me!

I Can Work aims to help people into paid employment in order to improve wellbeing and support recovery.   Our dedicated team of ‘I Can Work’ Employment Specialists provides free, one-to-one support in order to:

  • Discuss your work goals
  • Help you contact prospective employers
  • Help you access training provision
  • Help you understand the impact of moving into work on your benefits and income
  • Continue to support you once you have found work, if needed

The service is based on the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) employment model, which is used across the world and recommended by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) as the leading model to help people with poor mental health into work.

I Can Work is delivered across North Wales by RCS and Adferiad on behalf of Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board, with funding from DWP through Welsh Government.